- The primary objective is to raise money in aid of the RNLI to help save lives at sea.
- This motive is coupled with the personal desire to link my efforts and results to the abiding and loving memory of my late mother: Jean Dorothy Elliott ( 08/12/1919 -26/12/2008)
- She and my father spent 25 years of their retirement as ardent supporters of the RNLI by way of local volunteer efforts in Cornwall.
- This support for the RNLI stemmed from their sailing some 12,000mls on their trimaran “Tersancta”.
- Tersancta is a Hedley Nicol Cavalier built originally by the Rev. Clementina Gordon and totally refitted to exacting standards by my father Ronald Elliott from 1977 – 1984 at Landshipping and Pembroke Dock.
- Now during my own retirement I can give time and effort on behalf of the RNLI.
- My wish is to complete a round Britain coastal tour offering illustrated talks to RNLI support branches.
- This first tour (2014) will visit 38 mainland and 12 island venues. I intend to travel round on my 70th birthday present to myself. A motor cycle/sidecar combination ( Kawasaki GTR fitted to a Watsonian GP 700 DL). I will be reliving in part my student days when I last owned an outfit which was a Triton fitted to a Steib S 501
- This tour will offer the opportunity of meeting so many like minded volunteers and RNLI staff which in turn may well form the subject for possible future tours. I intend to capture as much still and camcorder footage as possible to illustrate not only the tour itself but also the work of the RNLI.
- This anticlockwise coastal tour of approximately 3000 miles plus 12 ferry trips will take from 29th May to September 21st 2014 to complete.
- Accommodation may well be provided by RNLI volunteers/ Lifeboat Stations plus emergency camping and or B & B.
- I will be actively seeking sponsorship to help defray the cost of fuel and ferries.
- I will be marketing the tour to obtain maximum publicity for RNLI via local press, television, radio and social media.
- Monies raised will be channelled direct to RNLI via Branch treasurers.
- Spin off activities.
Invitations will be sent during the summer of 2013 to national and local motorcycle clubs plus some well known celebrity “bikers” to join me on a number of “Rideouts” between venues.
2016 Round Ireland . A coastal tour again on the outfit. ( Duncs Tours 2)
2018 An Inland Waterways tour travelling by narrowboat. ( Duncs Tours 3)
2020 A second tour of Britain targeting major cities. Again on the oufit. ( Duncs Tours 4)